Wednesday, January 8, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Sorry I've been MIA, return promised soon...

Happy 2014 to all!  I know.  I suck. And I'm sorry.  The end of 2013 could not have been any worse for our family, and it was only right that I disconnect and focus on what's really important during our time of battling disease which ultimately led to a great loss.  Mike and I were very excited to ring in 2014 to feel like we could really begin anew after two most difficult months of loss and mourning surrounding the holidays.  However, when that ball dropped, we were just reminded of our overwhelming sadness.  Hence, the reason for my neglect here… CANCER SUCKS!!! Anyway, enough of the pity party… I just wanted to quickly post to say Happy New Year and give a quick update, which I will follow soon with actual posts.

Soooo…..
I'd planned on doing a lot of holiday posting, however the holidays were very different for us this year.  One thing that did not stop, though, is this growing belly of mine… I'm 37.5 weeks!  And the nursery is almost done! We've been busy with lots and lots of DIY projects to distract us. Can't wait to share our progress with you all, which I promise will come soon.

Brag alert!  Hate to boast but I can't lie, I was given the most incredible baby shower by some of the most lovely ladies in my world. I have no idea what I did to deserve everything they did, but man… it was…. just…. beyond.  Truly a special day that I will never ever forget.  I absolutely have to share their amazing work.  Again, coming soon… hoping maternity leave will allow me to get back into the swing of things here.

A bunch of our friends are off to Mexico today for a destination wedding we couldn't go to this close to Baby's arrival, but we are dreaming of warm weather in these frigid mid-atlantic temps, especially having had to cancel our babymoon with everything that was going on.  And so, I leave you with this, which is totally fitting….


Oh yeah, and who decides to take on a client and plan a wedding in 3 months that takes place when she's 9.5 months pregnant?  You guessed it: this girl.  So that's this weekend.  Last wedding before baby boy!  Hopefully I don't pitch my awesome, beautiful bride a baby down the aisle! Will be sharing this lovely, understated, "warm winter elegance" wedding with ya, as well...

Until next time, stay classy, San Diego ;)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment